We have all heard the saying “New Year, New Me” when it comes to bringing in a new year. While this is a great time to make changes that you believe will be beneficial to your life going forward, there are a lot of times when sticking to your resolutions becomes harder than expected. The sky is the limit when it comes to these resolutions but making them realistic gives you the greatest chance of sticking to them. Below are some tips to help you stick to your New Year Resolution.
Start Small- If you have a resolution to exercise more in the New Year, it can be hard to go from 0-100. Help yourself by starting small and working up to your expected goal as you move along. This will increse your chances of sticking to the goal and creating a routine/habit.
Change One Behavior at a Time- If you have more than one resolution, focus on one at a time. Unhealthy behaviors develop over the course of time so replacing them will take times as well.
Make It Personal- While you are making your goals for the year, think of why it is important to you. By determining your inner motivation, and writing your goals down, you will be personally inspired to stick to it and keep progressing.
Focus on Progress, Not Perfection- Perfection is unattainable so making small steps towards your goals are normal and okay. Don’t let the image of perfection stop you from seeing all the progress you are making day in and day out.
October is one of the best months of the year. The weather is perfect and there is so much to do! Fall is the perfect time to unleash your creative side and make fun snacks, decorations, or embrace the outdoors. Here is a list of 30 activities that will help you make the most of this perfect month.
1. Go apple picking. 2. Get a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. 3. Go to a haunted house 4. Plan a fun Halloween party for you and your friends. 5. Make a really cool Halloween costume. We will be having a costume contest this month, so start preparing now! 6. Go to a pumpkin patch. 7. Get inspiration for fall outfits from Pinterest and Tumblr. 8. Rake the leaves and jump in them! 9. Go for a hike and collect fall leaves. 10. Go on a hayride, haunted or not. 11. Navigate your way through a corn maze. 12. Go trick-or-treating. 13. Watch your favorite Halloween movies such as Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus. 14. Take cute fall pictures with your friends. 15. Bake pumpkin spice flavored desserts. 16. Curl up with a good book on a cool fall night. 17. Smell the Leaves candle from Bath and Body Works and try to resist the autumnal scent. 18. Clean out your closet and donate gently used clothes to Goodwill. 19. Go shopping for cute fall boots. 20. Decorate your apartment with fun fall decorations. 21. Volunteer at a soup kitchen to help provide warm meals in the colder months. 22. Carve a pumpkin. 23. Go on a road trip with your friends to enjoy the beautiful fall scenery. 24. Make s'mores by a campfire. 25. Look for fun activities in your community like a Fall Festival. 26. Make caramel covered apples. 27. Roast pumpkin seeds in the oven with sea salt. 28. Drink a glass of apple cider. 29. Wear a typical fall outfit consisting of a flannel, leggings, and riding boots. 30. Wear pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Make sure you are following us online to stay up to date on all of our fun October activities!
Fall semester is right around the corner and soon you’ll be heading to your classes at Middle Tennessee State and cheering on the Blue Raiders, but until then you should be enjoying your summer and free days while you have them. Here are some awesome ways to spend your summer
• Go to a festival
• Concerts, concerts and more concerts
• Spend some time at the beach
• Amusement Parks
• Take a hike
• Lay poolside with a good book
• Sign your lease at (property name)